|List of major publications
- Dreaming Cities. Singapore: Math Paper Press, 2016. Poetry and street photography collection.
- Colony, Nation, and Globalisation: Not at Home in Singaporean and Malaysian Literature. Hong Kong University Press, 2011; Singapore: NUS Press, 2011.
- The Mental Life of Cities. Hong Kong: Chameleon Press, 2010. Poetry collection. Awarded Singapore Literature Prize 2012 (English Category).
- A Lover’s Soliloquy. Hong Kong: Sixth Finger Press, 2005. Poetry collection, including free translations of Li Shang-yin. Published with grant support from National Arts Council (Singapore).
- Remnants. Singapore: Ethos Books, 2001. Poetry collection, including free translations of Li Po, Tu Fu and Li Ho. Published with grant support from National Arts Council (Singapore).
List of selected publications
- “Writing photography, seeing poetry and creative writing scholarship”. New Writing. Online version http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14790726.2016.1184685. Print version pending.
- “The medium is the massage: Writing, reading and the work of Singaporean literature in the age of social media”. The Future of English in Asia: Perspectives on Language and Literature. Edited by Michael O’Sullivan, David Huddart and Carmen Lee. pp.128-139. New York and London: Routledge, 2016.
- “Hong Kong Writing and Culture: Community and Fault Lines”. Introduction to guest edited Special Section on Hong Kong Literature. Asiatic. Vol. 8, No. 2. Dec 2014. pp. 1-2.
- “Curriculum as Cultural Critique: Creative Writing Pedagogy in Hong Kong”. Ed. Dan Disney. Exploring Second Language Creative Writing: Beyond Babel. Philadelphia, USA: John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2014. 103-118.
- “On Places and Spaces: The Possibilities of Teaching Arthur Yap”. Common Lines and City Spaces: A Critical Anthology on Arthur Yap. Ed. Gui Weihsin. Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2014. 96-113.
- “Superficiality, Mythification, and Irreality: Towards a Writing Practice”. New Ideas in the Writing Arts. Ed. Graeme Harper. Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013. pp.113-126.
- “Marechera, the Tree-Poem-Artifact”. Reading Marechera. Ed. Grant Hamilton. Suffolk: James Currey, 2013. pp. 172-186
- “Street Meditations: On Poetry, Street Photography and Everyday Life in Hong Kong”. Asiatic, Vol. 6 Number 2. Dec 2012. pp. 31-44.
- “The Singapore Writers Festival: Global Identity, Cultural Policy and the Post-Independence Literary Landscape”. Southeast Asian Review of English. Special Issue: Malaysian and Singaporean Literature. No. 50. 2010/2011. 121-132.
- (with Eva Leung as second author) “On Learning, Teaching and the Pursuit of Creative Writing in Singapore and Hong Kong”. New Writing: The International Journal for the Theory and Practice of Creative Writing, 8:2 (2011): 103-113. Article supported by CUHK’s Direct Grant for Research (Project Code: 201033)