||Tel: 3943 7004
Office: Fung King Hey 305
Administrative Post: Coordinator of C.W. Chu College, Lee Woo Sing College, Morningside College, S.H. Ho College and Wu Yee Sun College; Editor, Asian Journal of English Language Teaching
• English Grammar
• Corpus Linguistics
• World Englishes
• The History of English
• The History of Linguistics
ENGE1520 Grammatical Structure of English
ENGE2820 Introduction to Semantics & Pragmatics
ENGE5450 Corpus Linguistics
- An Introduction to English Grammar. 4th edition. Routledge. (with Sidney Greenbaum). 2016
- English: An Essential Grammar. 2nd edition. Routledge. 2010.
- Exploring Natural Language: Working with the British Component of the International Corpus of English. Benjamins. (with Sean Wallis and Bas Aarts). 2002.
- The Internet Grammar of English. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/internet-grammar. 1998.
- World Englishes and Corpus Linguistics. In Ee Ling Low & Anne Pakir (eds) World Englishes: Re-thinking Paradigms. Routledge. (with Gabriel Ozon) (In press)
- The circle of English: An exploration of the core and periphery of world Englishes. In Eugene Green & Charles F. Meyer (eds) The Variabiity of Current World Englishes. De Gruyter. pp. 99-115. 2014.
- Particle Verbs in African Englishes: Nativization and Innovation. In Marianne Hundt & Ulrike Gut (eds) Mapping Unity and Diversity World-Wide. Benjamins. pp.197-213. (with Ren Hongtao). 2012.
- 2011. Philippine English among others: An exploration of grammatical ‘keywords’ in the ICE Philippines corpus. In Ma. Lourdes S. Bautista, (ed.) Studies in Philippine English: Exploring the Philippine Component of the International Corpus of English. Manila: Anvil Press. pp. 201-22. (with Ren Hongtao) 2011.